Looking for Bloggers for 2016 Holiday Gift Guide campaignsOctober 1, 2016
In Search of Video Bloggers for Upcoming CampaignsNovember 1, 2016
As bloggers, we can get very carried away with all of our commitments and tasks. Sometimes, we get in a bit over our heads and we forget about why we started blogging in the first place – to share our creativity, originality, and to use our voice. That’s the point of this hop – to share your voice. I don’t just want you to write about anything that pops into your head. I want you to write about something that comes from the heart. That’s why The Hopping Bloggers (Click here to join our blogger database) is continuing the second annual #BehindTheBlogger writing prompt hop.
Why should your participate?
The goal of this hop is express our real and raw emotions. Each prompt is open for interpretation. Sometimes we will give you inspiration to give you a jump start, but for the most part, you can take the prompt and interpret it however you’d like. That’s what makes this fun. You can’t force creativity and we want to see what you come up with!
How does it work?
You sign up for a few prompts that you’d like to participate in. Please be mindful of the dates and prompts. Every other week we will present you (via email) with a linky to add to the bottom of your post. The linky will include all the links in this prompt and a quick introduction to the prompt. Again, these prompts are very vague and open-ended, leaving room for whatever comes to your heart.
The Requirements – Please Read Before Signing Up
- You must be on time – no exceptions.
- Only sign up for the prompts that you’d like to participate in.
- If something comes up, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance. Bloggers who do not submit or notify us will be removed from all future prompts.
- You must create new content for each prompt. No old blog posts.
- There is a 200 word minimum requirement.
- Your post MUST be related to the topic. It’s very open-ended, but we want it to make sense. It must contain the words of the writing prompt in it.
- You must add the linky (sent via email) to the bottom of each post. This is so your readers can hop along to other’s blogs.
- We request that you hop along and comment on your fellow bloggers posts and/or share them.
- Use #BehindTheBlogger in your title (Example Title: This Is My Life #BehindTheBlogger) and in all social media posts. We want to bring attention to the hop.
Please make a note (or take a screenshot) of the prompts that you’ve signed up for. It’s your responsibility to keep up with them.
- What does the prompt mean? What do I write about? It’s up for interpretation. Be clever, be creative, and be open. You can come up with something. Everyone interprets the prompts differently.
- When will HTML be sent to me? You will receive the HTML (which includes the linky and submission form) at least 48 hours before the due date.
- How do I remember which hops I signed up for? Make a note. Take a screenshot. Add them to your calendar. Bookmark this page. Whatever you need to do to remember – do it. Some bloggers begin writing their posts and save them in drafts with the due date in the title.
- How do I know if the form submitted correctly? You will receive an automatic email confirmation – save it.
Grab the code below to place this button in your sidebar!
Sign up below!